Hildegard Beckmann: answers today. She is 68 years old from Düsseldorf, and she belongs to the Institute of Our Lady of Schoenstatt, that is to say, she is the leader of the Schoenstatt Family in Cologne and Düsseldorf. She is active in different guilds of spiritual assistance, and she is committed to the accompaniment of people and different social commitments.
Six months into the pilgrimage through the second century of the Covenant of Love…what is your dream for this Schoenstatt where we are and where we find ourselves in the Church, in the world, and in our mission?
- That we, as a spiritual movement, be more present in parish communities, to be of spiritual assistance, in the diocese, in society, and not only that we are to be taken into consideration; but moreover, to be needed.
- That we once again strongly introduce the Marian element back into the Church. And that we, through our being and doing announce the God of life, the God of paternal merciful love, who takes life in his hands and leads and loves us passionately.
- That the local Schoenstatt communities plan projects together and develop them on the foundation of family collaboration.
- That Schoenstatters be available to people wherever it is necessary. For example, at this time, seeking solutions together for the refugees.
- That Schoenstatters visit each other reciprocally and reinforce collaboration.
In order to fulfill this dream, what do we need to avoid or leave behind?
- Insisting on roadblocks and rejecting new things from the beginning.
- The lack of transparency on the leadership level.
- Set aside unproductive individual abilities.
- Holding on to property that we can no longer finance, so that the search for financial sources does not kill true life.
In order to fulfill this dream, what practical steps do we have to take?
- To see the Covenant of Love as the source of life and grace to live with great confidence, as well as visiting the shrine more often as a source of energy.
- Seriously aspire to holiness, to renew the church.
- Use the houses creatively.
- Revive the life of the Schoenstatt Centers and whenever possible to integrate many people, according to their abilities.