Today we celebrate a new 18th of October, Covenant Day.
It is with great joy and gratitude that we renew our covenant of love with the Blessed Mother, fully aware that this is the essence of our family. This quiet act of faith of Fr. Kentenich with a small group of sodalists is still alive within us, just as fresh as it ever was during the founding moment in the original shrine on 18 October 1914. We were surprised to discover that our deep faith in the reality of the covenant of love with the Blessed Mother is what moves and inspires us globally. This is the source of our fruitfulness and the concrete way in which live and follow Christ. * —
Today we celebrate
- 75 years since the founding of Schoenstatt International in the concentration camp of Dachau
- 50th Anniversary of the first Schoenstatt Shrine in Spain: Madrid Pozuelo
- 25 years of the Schoenstatt Shrine in Salta
- the great pilgrimage of the villages from the wayside shrine of Hasenkamp to the Shrine of La Loma, Argentina
- the large pilgrimage to the Shrine of Tuparenda with about 50,000 pilgrims
- so many blessings of shrines, wayside shrines
- each covenant of love
Today we celebrate the Blessed Mother, her prophet, her Shrine.